Property Division
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Property Division

Property Division

In addition to the deep personal strain that divorce causes, a split can also lead to serious financial concerns. All marital property held between the two spouses is split equitably. This includes both assets and debt. You need an attorney who thoroughly understands how to advocate on your behalf for the best possible outcome to this division.

Property Division Representation Equipped to Deliver Results

At Rosenbaum Bloom Meyerson Galinsky P.C., our attorney is deeply experienced in complex property division. We have more than 40 years of experience in developing innovative solutions. Our firm is known throughout the Detroit, Oakland and Wayne County area for its expertise representing clients with complex marital estates and protecting our clients’ interests with this often contentious issue.

To discuss your marital property and solutions for dividing it, please contact our office today for a consultation.

In Michigan, assets and property are to be divided in a fair and equitable manner during a divorce. Any assets or property that were acquired during the course of the marriage are marital property and will need to be subject to equitable division. Anything that was acquired before the marriage or as a gift to one particular spouse is exempt from the division, as are inheritances.

This division must be “equitable,” which is largely within the discretion of the trial judge. Our attorney has decades of experience with these issues and is familiar with how many of the judges will treat assets as part of this division.

Our firm has the experience handling property division to allow us to accurately characterize the property involved and create an equitable plan for dividing the assets and debt. Our attorney is experienced with complex and sophisticated financial matters and if there is a possibility that assets have been hidden, we know how to examine financial records and books, as well as when to bring in a forensic accountant to locate missing income or assets.

Contact Us

To speak with our lawyer about property division issues, call our office at 313-263-4496 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment.